Old December 14th 03, 05:36 AM
Charles Talleyrand

Default Is Rafale dead?

I understand that the order to Dassault is for 28 aircraft, with an option of
20 more. However, I have read on the web that Dassault is to deliver 1 Rafale
this year, and only 4 next year. I have also read that there are only 13
operational Rafales with the French Military.

The slow speed of deliveries is not a start up effect. The contract for the
initial 13 aircraft was signed in 1997 (six years ago).

Will the Rafale ever become the mainstay of the French military?
What's the status of the Rafale?
Can anyone add more data.

http://www.awgnet.com/shownews/03paris/topstor02.htm

-Thanks

P.S. Anti-French jokes stopped being funny after the first few hundred.