Old August 23rd 03, 03:34 PM
rjciii

rjciii wrote:

"...the SSA's capability [actually inability]
to, as you say, 'get involved' in such a situation
is for (albeit well intentioned) volunteers to individualy
offer opinions and advice to the members--no direct
action is taken on behalf of the member(ship)."

Dear Judy:

I/we appreciate the information that you, as an interested individual,
have forwarded with regards to this matter. Please realize that the
members of the Southern Eagles Soaring club appreciate any and all
help received, and we would certainly welcome any "official" SSA
representation in this matter. But we also recognize that the SSA [as
a national organization] in reality can not do much, as was the
suggestion of a previous poster. Do not take my comments about the
SSA's inabilities to be reflective of your welcome involvement.

FWIW, We have not yet been given any definitive report nor updated
airport rules WRT the local FAA's decision(s) per our "informal"
assurances complaints. Still standing by to stand by...

Regards,

Ray