Old August 26th 04, 03:04 PM
SelwayKid

(Hennie) wrote in message . com...
I will try to get some pictures on a web page and I will let you guy's
know when it will be ready for viewing.

Rocky after flying a mini 500 that I built in the highveld the
R22 feel like a V8 monster. Ok when solo that is. You have to be
carefull with a pax that weigh 200 pounds.

THis R22 I rebuilt myself under the experimental rules so it is
modified some. If you look at glenns web page at

http://www.3cats.com/helicopter/newstuff.htm

and scroll down the page you will see a picture of me beside
my heli after the first beach landing at Umkomaas.

I have a complete set of parts for another heli like this one
but I am going to install a 160 hp turbine in that. I think
with the turbine it will be OK for the Highveld.

Regards

Hennie

Hennie
No Joy on the site or pics. With the increased power, how will that
affect the transmission limits?
Are you based in or near Kroonstad? Do you know how many civil
helicopters there are now in SA? What a far cry from 1974!!
Side note....when DCA began writing the air law regarding crop
spraying in '74, they asked me to help them out. I did a rough draft
loosely based on our own FAR 137 for aerial application and left out
the parts I didn't like. Surprised me when they adopted the majority
of my recommendations and made it law!
I was stunned to learn how many cobras there are out in the Karoo
while I was doing the way leaving for ESCOM. Based for a couple weeks
at Pofadder, then DeAar and Preiska. What great fun and adventure.
Reminds me of the time when we were......ah thats for another
time...ggg
Rocky