Old December 4th 04, 03:01 PM
Michael Pilla

"John Doe" wrote in message
(Off topic)

Ron Wanttaja wrote:

Depends on the cats, I think. Two of my wife's are absolutely
terrified of balloons. Or course, that could be due to one of them
getting a balloon string tied to its tail, one evening....
It has a nice side-effect. Whenever we don't want cats in a
particular area, we put up a line of Barrage balloons across the
doorways. :-)

Used responsibly like an adult who cares, packaging tape placed
upside down is an excellent area deterrent (I use high-quality tape
which might be thicker and easier to handle). They avoid it like the
plague after two or three encounters. And if you are around, you get
to play hero by removing the tape while saying "Poor kitty, let me
help remove that awful thing." It is exceptionally effective used
only when necessary, for things that otherwise cause significant
friction between you and them. It does not make a good toy, it makes
a real serious impression. Take care.

Tried sticky tape on our kitchen counters a few years ago. Worked on one
cat, the other one seems to like it. A cat is a cat, is a cat, is a ...
:-)

Michael Pilla