Old January 31st 06, 06:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default The smell of a decomposing mouse somewhere forward of the firewall

Marco Leon mmleonyahoo.com wrote:

My only suggestion after you find the dead mouse is to keep a fresh supply
of poison around the walls of the T-hangar.

Thanks, Marco, for the suggestions. I had set two D-Con poison baits along
the back wall of the T-hangar and two days later one was completely empty
and the other one disappeared??? The next two fresh packs I set to
replace the empty one were still full a week later, so it appears that the
population may have been temporarily controlled.

One interesting point raised by my mechanic is that normally here in the
Northeast US, temperatures are typically cold enough that mice are in some
type of hibernation.

However, this year we are experiencing a much warmer than average winter
(much to the disappointment of power companies and their huge increase in
natural gas heating prices) and this is allowing the mice to remain active.

--
Peter