Old August 27th 03, 10:53 AM
Cub Driver

I suspect there's an Amazon.com for Australia--I know there's a

No, not yet!

Heck, I'd like to see it in the US at places like Wal-Mart or even
military exchanges, but that hasn't happened yet either.

SIP used to be famously difficult and cheap to deal with; many stores
won't carry SIP books. (It also used to be difficult to get a review
copy from them, but evidently that has changed, to judge by the email
exchange I just had with them.) I think part of the problem is that
they won't give deep discounts to individual stores, so by the time
the store has paid the shipping it really doesn't make any profit at
all from the book.

I've several times suggested to a museum bookstore that they stock
Flying Tigers or Glen Edwards, only to be told that they didn't do
bidniz with SIP. And those are avaiation-related shops!

all the best -- Dan Ford
email: www.danford.net/letters.htm#9

see the Warbird's Forum at www.warbirdforum.com
and the Piper Cub Forum at www.pipercubforum.com