Old August 7th 07, 11:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.ultralight,rec.aviation.soaring
Morgans[_2_]

Default Electrically Powered Ultralight Aircraft

wrote

Well, to be fair, there is solar cell research that if it becomes
practical and cheap enough would work on sail planes with lithium
batteries.

Are you sure about that?

I think I recall seeing someone do the calculations of how much solar energy
hits the top surface of a sailplane and wing, and it was still not enough to
motor without thermals, if it was all converted to electrical energy.

Anyone better in math, than me, want to take on that supposition?
--
Jim in NC