Old November 21st 08, 02:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

Default 141 school stuff

On Nov 15, 10:30*am, "Steven Barnes" wrote:
Here's a (hopefully) on topic question:
My CFI is trying to get approved for 141 'status' to do some accelerated
training for people desiring the 141 path. I'm hoping to help him out with
some of the students as my schedule permits. I'd like to be helpful in the
setup/paperwork that goes along with running 141. Other than the CFRs, are
there any straight-ahead readable sources of info on all the things that
need to be in place? Paperwork, aircraft inspections, CFI currency
requirements, etc.

I've heard little snippets of rules from another local 141 capable school,
but I guess I'm hoping for a "Setting up and managing a 141 school for
dummies" book. :-)

Thanks!

--

CP-ASEL, instrument, CFI

Check into this Advisory Circular

http://rgl.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_Gu...igh light=141

The information presented here is an expansion of that contained in
Part 141 of the Regulations.

--Robbie
Asst. Chief Instructor, Private Pilot Program