Old October 17th 16, 01:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Electronic Declaration

On Sunday, October 16, 2016 at 12:54:35 PM UTC-4, kirk.stant wrote:
On Sunday, October 16, 2016 at 8:11:39 AM UTC-5, wrote:
I have Flarm Core with Flarm View and would like to learn how to Electronically Declare a flight,
Can I do that,if so how? I use a Oudie but it's not connected to Flarm.
Thanks
Glen

Just curious, but why don't you connect your Oudie to the Flarm? It would provide a much better GPS source, and show the Flarm and ADS-B hits on the map - really nice feature!

Pretty sure you can declare from Oudie to Flarm (I don't personally care about declarations, so havn't tried it).

Kirk
66

Hi Kirk
When I got my flarm core what I read about it said to keep it separate from other electronics in your glider, so that's what I did. But now I have thought about using it with my Oudie, but I'm not sure if it will Declare a flight to the Flarm.
Glen