Old July 20th 03, 10:43 AM
Cub Driver

full power and not much above 1000 feet. It's certainly noticeable,
but no where near as loud as the neighbors lawn mowers over 300 feet
away...and through the trees

I'm relieved to hear it (as it were!). I suppose we notice airplane
engines because they're out of the ordinary. Where I live, highway
noise is out of the ordinary, so motorcycles really bug
me--motorcycles being the one thing apart from sirens that I can hear
from Bay Road.

My houselot is 40 acres, and I can still hear my neighbor's lawnmower.
And of course I can hear the airplanes overhead. Since I am on the
water, of course I can hear all sorts of noise from there--even voices
in boats a mile away.

all the best -- Dan Ford
email: www.danford.net/letters.htm#9

see the Warbird's Forum at http://www.danford.net/index.htm
Vietnam | Flying Tigers | Pacific War | Brewster Buffalo | Piper Cub