Old April 4th 04, 02:40 AM
Jeff

shoot, dont talk about 15 years here, I have hard enough time dealing with being
38 !!!

Tom Sixkiller wrote:

"Jeff" wrote in message
last july 4th I made a trip from las vegas to louisville Ky in one day.
left at sunup and landed just before dark.
longest leg was from Albuquerque, New Mexico to Joplin, Mo. Then on the

way
back, went from louisville to oklahoma city in one leg.

I am 38, I dont think I am that young

Yeah, just you wait about 15 years....

Tom Sixkiller wrote:

"Jeff" wrote in message

I fly at 65% power, thats because I dont have all the nifty toys like

you
have, other wise I would be flying at 75% power. The only exception is
when
I have a strong tail wind and a reduction in power does not really

affect
my
ground speed.

If you want to use less fuel fly higher. But my rule of thumb is not

fly
more then 5 hours per leg, this is with full tanks.

Not without a wooden leg, either. You young whippersnappers might do

that,
but I'd think us older guys would have to be winched out of the cockpit
after five hours.