Old March 12th 18, 01:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default $75,000 2-33

I agree: higher-performance training gliders are much better. I still recall when our first one arrived: in addition to the big performance boost, long wings; plush interior nicely finished off; effective dive brakes; and a real door and window for the rear cockpit.

Yes, our first 2-33 was a HUGE step up from the crude 2-22s I trained and soloed in back in the mid 60s.

I've spent the past few months in UH's shop helping refinish my ASW 24. It's beautiful again, but it was a LOT of work. I shared quarters part of the time with a Valley Soaring Club group rejuvenating one of their 2-33s. Neither project is easy, but the far lower hours and relatively modest skills required to make the 2-33 look brand new despite it being tied out during the soaring season are another reason to keep these ships in the mix.

Chip Bearden