Old July 28th 03, 01:03 AM
Newps

I didn't mean to imply that it has anything to do with EGT's. Although
I have a 6 channel EGT there is no other less useful instrument in the
plane. Other than the gee wiz factor it was a waste of money.

wrote:
Newps wrote:
: I'm a WOT guy, with one exception. You back off the throttle until the
: MP gauge needle tickles, then leave it. This way you come out of the
: economizer mode and use a lot less gas.

This works for me in my 180hp O-360 Lycoming. At 9500' WOT gave
EGTs of +-50 degrees. Pulled it about 1/4-1/2" MP lower and got the
spread +-10 degrees. I can't lean beyond peak, however, as it starts to
run rough.

-Cory