Old July 11th 03, 02:51 PM
Rick Pellicciotti

We have radio signals that parallel the runways, they are called localizers.
Light beams have been tried all the way back to before WWII without any
favorable outcomes.

Rick Pellicciotti

"Wooduuuward" wrote in message
I heard on the radio that a small plane from Chicago went missing in the

fog
during a landing attempt at the Toronto City Centre Airport.
This morning I see in the newspaper that the plane and the pilot have been
located at the bottom of Lake Ontario. The plane was a Beechcraft that

could
seat six people.
There has been no known reason, as yet, as to the cause of the crash,

according
to the article.
I think this type of crash may be preventable, if it was due to poor

visibility, by the
construction of radio signal buoys parallel to the runways lights and a

simple
receiver on board light aircraft. Or visible laser beams criss crossing

over the runway.
All of this technology is available, is it not?