Old December 27th 10, 06:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Taylor

Default Flight navigation/moving map software for Android System

On Dec 26, 8:14*am, Stephen Michalik
wrote:
The new Samsung Galaxy Tablet uses the Android System. Do any of the
current flight software systems run on Android? If so which ones? How
well do they interface with the SN10 or 302 ? * How about the XCSoar
program in beta?

In measuring the Galaxy Tablet it is really only about 1.5 inches
taller and wider than my current 3955 setup in cradle. *Seems like a
good possibility for upgrading. Would be able to get satellite feeds
as well...

Steve
S9

I think 2011 will be the year of the tablet and will bring some very
interesting and affordable new options for computers and displays in
the cockpit. There are many low end 7" tablets available this year
already, it will only get more competitive in 2011.

Some things coming this next year:

1. There will be many new 7" display tablets. These will run the
latest Android and Windows Phone 7 operating systems.

2. Pixel Qi will show a new 7" screen in few weeks that should provide
much better daylight readable screens. The 10" screen is currently
available from Make.com and on the Notion Ink Adam (shipping in two
weeks) and I would guess the 7" will be available through make.com as
well in the near future.

3. Windows Phone 7 will be ported to the Tegra 2 chip set providing
options of operating systems with the same chip set.

I expect that SeeYou mobile will be ported to run on the Honeycomb
platform once it is released in mid January. From my experience and
communications I am afraid that WinPilot is in a death spiral and will
disappear soon.