Old January 26th 13, 08:05 AM
Matt C Matt C is offline
Junior Member

Default GA aircraft windshield question

Hi, I have not been able to find the answer to this question just from Googling the words / terms, so I signed up here to ask directly.

I've noticed in some general aviation aircraft, like the Beech Baron for instance, there is a small, square area in the center of the front windshield.

What is that area? Is this some kind of heads up display or a heated area of window or what?

I've highlighted the area in question in the green square in the picture included.

Thanks for your help!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	beechcraft_baron_g58-04.jpg