Old July 12th 03, 01:44 PM
Blueskies

You use flippers to do flick rolls...

--
Dan D.

..
"Ernest Christley" wrote in message
. com...
Ace Pilot wrote:
Mike Borgelt wrote:

I guess that's why it's still in print. And so often referred to.

And yes I do know the maths and science behind flight. On first
reading parts of the book I thought maybe some things were wrong or
odd but reading it properly I realised he had things right even if the
language was a little old fashioned.

Mike Borgelt

Is the term "flippers" for control surfaces part of that
"old-fashioned language" thing? Was this a common phraseology back
then, or is it unique to Stick and Rudder? Or is it just my copy of
the book?

Ace

I believe that he explains that he is using that term to avoid using the
term 'elevator'. The elevator really doesn't elevate the airplane, so
Langweishe chose a different name.

--
----Because I can----
http://www.ernest.isa-geek.org/