Old October 20th 19, 09:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Howling sound when flying

Hi Armand,

there usually is a rubber seal at the opening of the elevator pushrod. This should be available from the factory in case it is missing on your ship. We installed V-Tape to cover the canopy front and aft canopy gaps of our Ventus 2cM. This reduced cockpit noise significantly. You will have to heat it up a bit in order to make it fit to the curvature of the canopy frame.

I once had straws in the front vent of my LS8. It was quiet, but they significantly reduced the airflow through the vent. A piece of fur did the same job without hindering the airflow.

Best
Christoph