Old July 15th 06, 03:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.misc
Roy Smith

Default NY State wants to fingerprint student pilots

In article ,
"Michael Ware" wrote:

"Roy Smith" wrote in message
In article ,
Stubby wrote:

Exactly.

Tony wrote:
Pilot training and certification is a federal matter: I'd be happy to
see the Feds tighten the application process, but NY should learn it

in
fact is not a seperate nation although some residents might think so.

Don't tell us, tell Pataki. I sent in my comments, have you?

http://www.ny.gov/governor/contact/index.html

How would you even attempt to enforce legislation such as this? Time to
write AOPA.

AOPA's already working on it...

http://www.aopa.org/whatsnew/newsite.../060713ny.html

What it's time to do is write to Gov. Pataki and tell him to veto the bill.
Have you done that yet?