Old September 10th 09, 06:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ross

Default T6 Formation flight with Ship to Ship and ATC COMS - Video

BeechSundowner wrote:
On Sep 10, 9:28 am, Orval Fairbairn
wrote:

snip....

Pilot I was with was great, during the acro video, he did duplicate so
I could get the wing and front view. Think backwards! I like the
view with the camera panned on me. Unique touch to it. If time
permits, I would suggest doing each routine three times, once out the
front, side and back. This way if you mess up one, you still have two
to go with for the final video cut.

Orval, please add to this if you see anything I missed, so others can
learn and not mess up capturing a part of flight that everybody should
experience at least once! It really was poetry in motion.

One thing I learned from my father years ago when he did 8mm home
movies, it to pan slowly and, like you said, stay on the subject for at
least 10 seconds. While taking videos, it seems like a life time, but
when you view then it is really short. I have seen people with their
video cameras jerking every which direction. I can just imagine how bad
they look when they get home and show them.

As a side, my father would have my mom drive away with us in the car
waving good by. Then we would have to go back and pick him up. He would
edit all this and have a really nice production. I now have those 8 mm
film and there are 41 5" reels that I have to get converted to DVD. They
start in 1954.
--

Regards, Ross
C-172F 180HP