Old November 23rd 04, 03:50 PM
OtisWinslow

Keep in mind you can turn around any way you want as long
as you stay inside the 10 mile limit and on the barb side of
the course. Don't get too preocuppied with the exact headings
on the barb. If the wind was that high I think I'd just keep the left
turn going around keeping the nose into the wind until I got
back on the inbound course .. most likely with a heading around
85 to 90 degrees still into the wind.

"smackey" wrote in message
m...
OK, I'm flying my local VOR-A which calls for an outbound heading of
252, then I'm suppoosed to turn 45 deg to 207 to begin the PT. But
there is a STRONG x-wind and I am already crabbed to about 215 to hold
the 252 outbound course. I assume I turn to something not quite
approaching 170 (45 deg from 215), just something inbetween in order
to sort of track 45 deg off the outbound course and fly a bit longer
than 1 min so I don't get blown back through the inbound course when I
do the turn back toward the inbound course. It just seems weird to be
flying at almost 90 deg from the outbound course. Any opinions on
this?