Old September 30th 19, 09:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ian Simmonds

Default Standard Cirrus 1973 (Grob) no water ballast

On Monday, September 30, 2019 at 5:19:18 PM UTC+1, Martin Gregorie wrote:
On Mon, 30 Sep 2019 08:43:16 -0700, Tony wrote:

The earli Cirri did not come from the factory with ballast. Many were
retrofitted in the field with bags.

Yep. Initial Standard class rules said no water ballast and no
retractable landing gear. I don't know whether the rule changes to allow
water ballast and retractable gear were simultaneous or not.

--
Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org

Many thanks for all your replies.

I have contacted Schemp Hirth as well to see if they can shed any information on it.

I will post here if I find out any more nuggets of information.

All the best
Ian