Old June 21st 05, 01:39 AM
Jim Burns

Hi Mike,

This sounds like the same story I heard today, BUT, it sounds like the two
camps are closer together. It really sounded like the COM/NAV featurs would
be available as options in a KLN94 style upgraded box, however, that version
may take on a larger size format, so I suppose if you wanted that version it
really wouldn't be a slide in replacement, but would function similarly to
the KLN94 so the learning curve wouldn't be too steep. For those who didn't
want the COM/NAV, TCAS, or MFD type features, a version would be available
that will be the same size as the 94.

It almost sounded like a Motherboard/daughterboard type setup, because he
mentioned "adding" features and options to a standard box but that
upgradeable box may be larger size where the standard 94 swapable box may
not be able to take on all the features of the big box.

Jim