Old June 29th 08, 08:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,sci.military.naval
Jack Linthicum

Default U-2 pilots: allowed to rejoin- into clandestine

On Jun 29, 3:08 pm, "a425couple" wrote:
"Jack Linthicum" wrote ...

"a425couple" wrote:
"Michael Shirley" wrote
Matt Wiser wrote:
--documentary on the History Channel about the U-2 and
they had several of the pilots recruited by the CIA from
the USAF to fly the missions. ----
I'd made it in good shape out of Cuba's Bay of Pigs.---
Heck, I'll admit I'm not 100% positive about the exact truth
positive in many things. I believed this story then, and now.
But, I'll accept, there is always the possibility this SNCO
was just telling me a 'sea story'. Except he did not start
it with the obligatory "Now this is no ****!"
Comments or other opinions on this are welcomed.

Not everybody in the Agency came from the Ivy League
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/ar...4145-3,00.html

Interesting & Thank you. :
"Once deployed, CIA operatives have fewer regulations to hamstring
them than their military counterparts do. -- Says Kent Harrington, a former
CIA station chief in Asia: "If a military special-operations soldier
parachuted
in with $3 million to buy armies, he'd have to have a C-5 cargo plane flying
behind him with all the paperwork he'd need to dispense the money." "

Yep, the old problem, want it done quickly, or want it
done with proper documentation?

I got a question for Jack,
"Paramilitary officers account for almost half the 79 stars chiseled
into the wall in the main foyer of the agency's Langley, Va.,"
A few of these 'recent ones' have been revealed.
Is there any info out there about the real early ones,
like 40's, 50's & 60's?
Various readings I've done just indicate --
lost, forever unrevealed and unknown to public
and relatives.

A lot of the early ones may have been in cover that would make the CIA
look bad, ie a missionary perhaps.. I vaguely knew some of the Vietnam
bomb victims. One of your Bay of Pigs guys is in this article. You
might want to look further with early stars cia wall of honor.

http://www.christusrex.org/www2/fcf/....cia91897.html

The "Plame" star
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2005/10/25/191633/61

a CIA release