Old March 27th 05, 08:24 PM
Bob

No question, but all the EM's riding in the older ASW planes, S-2, S-3,
AD-5W et al never logged a trap. I rode back seat in the F-4 with
several guys and never got to log a trap. Right seat in maybe 200 S-2
landings, and no logged traps. I'm not asking for tham just pointing
out the discrepency with NFO traps. I will agree, riding right seat
through a trap was 100% scarier than any I made. Phantom RIOs could
barely see forward during a trap. But there was no column in our log
book for a "scare factor". Just red and green ink for clues. BTW, I
had 984 traps and always wanted the last 16. Next life maybe.