Old April 5th 05, 07:11 PM
Mike Kanze

Moe,

In Prowlers, we log traps for both our front seat and back seat ECMOs. Day
and Night traps are also differentiated for ECMOS.

Ditto for the Intruder community B/Ns of the 1960s and 1970s, and probably
for all carrier-aircraft NFO positions back then. If this weren't the case,
I am sure that we would have heard about it through the grapevine.

Obviously we did not log any of the various forms of pilot time, just
Special Crew time - no matter what we actually did. Other than that logbook
entries for 132x folks were identical to those of our 131x brethren.

(In my case the "actually did" includes a few touch-and-goes in the mighty
Mississippi MiG (T-2) during my stash tour at VT-7.)

--
Mike Kanze

"If truth is beauty, how come no one has their hair done in the library?"

- Lily Tomlin

"MICHAEL OLEARY" wrote in message
In Prowlers, we log traps for both our front seat and back seat ECMOs.
Day and Night traps are also differentiated for ECMOS.
-Moe

"Bob" wrote in message
ups.com...
If we are going to count RIOs, EWOs, BNs and passengers as somehow
having a "trap", the I guess President Bush would qualify with one on
the Lincoln. Not trying to disparage anyone but IMHO only the guy at
the stick "traps" all others "ride". Guys who flew two seat planes,
S-2s, S-3s, etc. didn't ever log traps from the right side. Why log a
trap for only non-pilots?