Old April 26th 07, 03:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Wayne Paul

Default BGA Instructor Requirements

"Bill Daniels" bildan@comcast-dot-net wrote in message
news

I hate to say it, but maybe we need a change in the FAA instructor
applicant experience requirements (and renewal requirements) to include at
least a Silver Badge.

Currently in the US you must have a Silver Badge to participate in SSA
sanctioned contests. It is obvious that the FAA instructor requirements are
out of date.

Aren't instructors the people you go to refine your skills? Shouldn't they
have the skills and knowledge to mentor you in your badge quest?

Soaring would become boring if I didn't have the challenge of cross-country
flight.

Wayne
HP-14 "6F"
http://www.soaridaho.com/Schreder