Old March 8th 09, 12:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike Bamberg

Default Soaring Webinar, Saturday, March 7th

On Mar 7, 3:43*pm, kestrel19 wrote:
On Mar 3, 12:56*pm, Frank Whiteley wrote:

Sign up for a Soaring Webinar

The Soaring Society of Boulder is presently a Cross Country Safety
Seminar at the National Center for Atmospheric Research auditorium.
This will also be presented live and online in two sessions. *You must
register in advance to attend via the web.

Date: *March 7th

Session 1 08:45 - ~12:30 MST
9:00 Welcome and introduction (Please arrive on time)
9:05 Al Ossorio: Task selection, planning, maps, equipment
9:45 Colin Barry: Badges, records, beginning competition
10:30 Break
10:45 Dave Leonard: Weather and his RASP site
11:30 Gary Baughman: Safety, Off-field landings, communication

~12:30 Brown bag lunch and “networking” with fellow pilots and
Colorado Soaring Awards

Session 2 1:15 - ~4:30 MST
1:30 John Seaborn: In-flight tactics
2:30 Break
2:45 Tom Serkowski: Post-flight analysis
3:30 to close: Panel discussion; have your questions ready.

Additionally, we are presenting this as an analysis of webinar and web
conferencing services for potential use as SSA member services. *At
the end of each session, you will be asked to complete a short online
survey about experience. *Your input will be most helpful.

Register for Session 1, Session 2, or both. *One of the services will
have limited 'seating', so we will give priority to SSA members, if
necessary. *Register early. *Registrations on March 7th may not be
acknowledged. *You will be sent links and logins for each session.

SSA member registrationhttp://www.soaringchapters.org/webinars/ssa_webinar_registration_.htm

Non-SSA member registrationhttp://www.soaringchapters.org/webinars/webinar_registration_.htm

Technical notes:
Although these webinar services offer telephone conference bridges,
that function will not be used for these sessions. *Your computer
speakers or headphones will be enough to attend. *There is a link on
the registration page to test your computer as webinar ready,
including microphone, web cam, and speakers. *Live chat will be
available for questions.

If you have any additional questions, please don't hesitate to e-mail
or call.

Very best regards,

Frank Whiteley
SSA Governor, Colorado
970-330-2050www.coloradosoaring.org

Sorry about the early termination, we are way overtime and we ran it
from the presenter PC and he didn't see the extend pop-up from the
desktop view. *All in the learning curve.

A new screencaster version is due out in a couple of weeks to fix some
things.

Frank- Hide quoted text -

This was an outstanding program, Thanks to the organizers and
presenters. Are the presentations available? Was there a video taken
that can be shared?