Old March 26th 19, 02:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Std. Airworthiness for ASK 21B

Schleicher has informed us that the FAA is still delayed in issuing a Standard Airworthiness for our new ASK 21B as well as the Flight and Maintenance Manuals. Actions have consequences: the Government shutdown is being cited by FAA personnel for not having completed this work.
There have been - to my knowledge - a number of '21B gliders imported recently to the US. Has anyone found a work-around for this problem? Even here around Chicago, the season is getting started...
Herb