Old December 10th 07, 06:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
GeorgeB

Default What/how does compression ratio affect an engine?

On Mon, 10 Dec 2007 09:23:52 -0800, Richard Riley
wrote:

If you're flying a homebuilt you can burn whatever you want - but the
alcohol restriction wasn't put there at random, it increases vapor
lock problems dramatically,

How do the planes which do fly on ethanol handle that problem,
pressurized tanks?

and is incompatable with many of the
materials commonly used in aircraft fuel systems.

The sealant sloshed in the tanks is one, I think ...

Do automobiles with flex-fuel capability do anything to minimize the
vapor lock issues? I'm sure the materials were selected to be ok.