Old February 17th 07, 12:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Stephen Ahrens

Default Intercom question

Thanks for the great feedback and some of the colourful comments from
everyone ;-)
I understand your thoughts on hearing problems. (Just ask my wife) But this
isn't just a problem from flying.
I actually own a Flightcom Blackhawk 5DX headset and used it on a trip years
ago... (Jay does that count towards not being the last pilot in the world to
use a headset? :-) .. I found it to be not so bad in the cruise but every
time I went to takeoff or land I felt more confident with them off. Then I
couldn't be bothered using them, and of course without an intercom it's a
bit unsociable with the passengers.
After looking at the likes of Thomas, Jay, and Dave's posts I think the
right thing is to spend a little more and get something better. The PS units
do look good and it seems they have some excellent features
In the mean time I will have to dust the Flightcom's off and go do circuits
until I get use to them.

Many thanks guys

Steve
PA28-181