Old May 17th 04, 12:35 AM
nauga

anonymous coward wrote...

The sort of designs I had in mind were the LongEZ or Junqua IBIS...

There are clearly slow-speed pushers with ballistic chutes, as I
think you knew based on some stuff I snipped. On a Long-Eze I'd be
more concerned about canopy/shroud strength and maximum deployment
speed rather than prop fouling. I'd bet adding a chute to a
fast cruiser where it wasn't designed in from the start would
either add a significant amount of weight in terms of additional structure
and heavy-duty chute or reduce cruise speed to something close to max
deployment speed. Or maybe just panacea or severely restricted
utility.

Dave 'strop size' Hyde