Old May 3rd 06, 07:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default IFR use of handheld GPS

In a previous article, "John Clonts" said:
On Saturday, I got an IFR clearance "KROC direct GEE direct KAGC", which
as soon as I got airborne was ammened to "direct KAGC". I was /A and I'd
filed along airways, but they must have known I had a handheld on board
and it was CAVU because I couldn't have flown that in IMC with the
equipment installed on the plane.

What does CAVU have to do with it?

If the handheld had failed, I could have navigated by map reading.

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
My hate/hate relationship with XML is, predictably, on 'hate' at the moment.