View Single Post
Old November 27th 20, 04:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Daly[_2_]
external usenet poster

Default PowerFlarm offers new Version, PowerFlarm Fusion Includes Manynewstandard Features!

On Friday, November 20, 2020 at 7:18:38 PM UTC-5, waremark wrote:
I normally use igc files from my LX9000 which don't work with that tool. The LX range analyser does not give me the individual antenna information. I just tried a file from my PF which did have readings from the two antennae - good news. Less good was that one seemed to have very poor range - I don't know which antenna that was. However, the CARP file analyser (Continuous Analyzer of Radio Performance - new to me, apparently accumulates range data from multiple flights) did not appear to find any data, and I had to use the 'Classic Analyser' although my firmware version was 6.82 and the website said CARP should work from 6.80 - so I was only seeing data from one flight, whereas what I got from the LX9000 appeared to be from multiple flights and just showed decent all round reception (minimum of 10k all round).

@waremark - a week ago, you said there did not appear to be any Continuous Range Analysis information in your .igc files. Did you activate the feature? Here's what I put in flarmcfg.txt (I comment it all so I have an idea of what is going on). Anything starting with # is a comment, starting with $ is an instruction to the FLARM.

###########
#Continuous Range Analysis
#must be turned on with reset command
#remove # to reset - load flarmcfg.txt to flarm
############
$PFLAN,S,RESET

If you leave your flarmcfg.txt file like this it resets the stats on every flight, so you have to make it a comment afterwards #$PFLAN,S,RESET then save flarmcfg.txt.

After putting flarmcfg.txt into my flarm, I move the file to a folder on the USB stick so I have it available and the FLARM doesn't 'see' it on following flights.

The information on this is from para 8.17 of FTD-012 Data Port Interface Control Document (ICD) 7.12 (not easily available I'll grant you).

Dan
2D