Old May 31st 04, 07:37 PM
Dudley Henriques

No sweat.
If you need anything on the Mig, don't hesitate to ask. You can figure
out my email address by taking apart my signature :-)
Dudley Henriques
International Fighter Pilots Fellowship
Commercial Pilot/ CFI Retired
For personal email, please replace
the z's with e's.
dhenriquesATzarthlinkDOTnzt

"Lee Hutchinson" wrote in message
Many many, many thanks for that. No more rolling off the end of the

runway
into the sea anymore!

I've been going through what i thought were all the alternative key
assignments i could find, with no luck.

Seems it is about the only one i hadn't tried LOL

Many thanks Dudley

Lee Hutch

"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message
news

"Lee Hutchinson" wrote in message
Does anyone out there have an idea on how i deploy the brake

chute,
for this
brilliant add- on.

Its a bit of a problem without it as its dammn hard to stop

running
off the
runway.

Ive been through the documentation for it and cant find it

anywhere,
and yet
the back of the box pic mentions it and shows it in a pic.

Many thanks

Lee Hutch

In trying to answer your question; as I use the Mig constantly; I
learned something myself :-)
I just realized that the key assignment Captain Sim gave this

function
isn't in the master key list for FS9. I never realized how this is

done
by third party developers until now.
I have the Mig drag chute assigned to a throttle button on a Hotas
Cougar setup so I don't use a key assignment. I assigned it right

after
install so I never noticed the actual key is was assigned to.
Apparently, Captain Sim and other developers will drop a key

assignment
or two into your key "assignments" section that assigns a specific
function for their add on to a key that seldom gets used.
That assignment now shows up as a selection in your sim key

assignments.
I never knew this.
For the Mig 21's drag chute, CS used the "tailhook up/down" which is
from CFS3 I believe, and put it in there where it wasn't in there

before
in the normal COF key assignments.
Anyway, this is how I think it works :-) I'm sure someone will

correct
me if I have it wrong.
For solving your problem, go into the key assignments in the sim and

go
down the list and find Tailhook up/down. Whatever key combination is
showing there is the function key CS assigned for the drag chute.

Mine
isn't showing anymore for some reason. Probably because I have it on

the
throttle as a button assignment now. I believe it was ctrl+/ but I'm

not
certain.
Anyway, you should find it there, and you're right; you'll need that
drag chute!!! :-)