Old October 8th 04, 02:48 AM
Richard Hertz

Buy an IFR prep course/dvd thing (new or on ebay) then sell it on ebay when
you are done. The King one seems to be pretty good about prepping you for
the knowledge test if you can make it through their cheesy antics.

Re-selling them makes the cost easier to manage.

"Dave" wrote in message
What would you say is the best way to prepared for this with out going to
the flight schools classes.
( I live far enough away from there that if I make the trip I might as

well
go flying, cuz I don't want to do it that often)
Apparently AOPA gave my name to Kings Schools and they had a salesman call
to see if they could sell me the DVD course.

I have been plodding through all the Gliems manuals. Any other ways? The
Kings school DVD's are another 1.5 hours of dual, they way I look at it,

but
if they are super fantastic I guess I'll have to see about getting them.

--
Dave A
Aging Student Pilot

"gatt" wrote in message

"C Kingsbury" wrote in message
ink.net...
In my experience the #1 time-delay comes from getting the written test

done.
If/when I decide to go for my commercial I'm not going to even start

taking
lessons until after I've done the written. Doing the same with my

private
&
instrument would have saved me 3 calendar months on each. And in

general,
the fewer calendar months you spend training, the fewer hours you

spend
in
the airplane fixing things you forgot from previous lessons.

INDEED!

-c