Old June 16th 04, 11:37 PM
Stan Prevost

wrote in message ...

Stan Prevost wrote:

"Chris Brooks" wrote in message
I am training in the maryland area. I was cleared for an ILS approach

runway 27 at HGR the other day.

Here is a plate:
http://204.108.4.16/d-tpp/0406/05114I27.PDF

I was about 17 miles out at 5000 feet when I got cleared for the

approach.
My question is, when can I descend to 4000 feet?

Anyone?

Assuming you were established on the localizer and were receiving

vectors
to final, at 17 nm out you were 10 nm from NOLIN and you can descend to
4000.

How do you come up with that?

On the procedure track and in the PT area, within the 10 nm circle, there is
protected airspace at 4000. I don't know what is outside that. If he was
getting VTF, he should have been given an altitude restriction until
established, but he didn't tell us that part. Roy answered the full
procedure case.