Old July 26th 12, 04:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Vaughn

Default Synergy

On 7/26/2012 9:02 AM, Richard wrote:
An interesting design - "double-box" tail to reduce tip vortexes?

Construction is typical Rutan moldless.

http://www.synergyaircraft.com/index.html

Construction log:
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...l=9 655b74356

I wish them well, and if they know anything about aircraft design,
they probably know more than me. But still...I look at all those extra
junctions and think "Interference drag". And then there is the
parasitic drag from all those non-lifting vertical surfaces.

Does this really have any benefit over a long-aspect ratio conventional
wing? If nothing else, it will fit into a more conveniently-sized
T-hanger. I hope they truly have invented a better mousetrap, but my
plan is to wait and see.

Vaughn