Old February 20th 07, 01:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard[_1_]

Default Transfer of IGC log for contest scoring

Contests that I have competed in, over the last 5 years the scorer
wants nothing to do with a flight recorder, they would not accept
them. They required SD Card, USB sticks. disk etc.

I sell a nice Colibri with a mini SD Card.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com

On Feb 19, 3:54 pm, "Paul Remde" wrote:
Hi Kirk,

2 comments

It is my belief that contest scorers will love the EW microRecorder because
you just plug it into the USB port on any PC and it looks like a memory card
reader or hard drive. Very simple. No software required.

EW is working on a slightly more expensive version of the microRecorder that
will include an SD card slot. To be honest, I don't think it is necessary
or worth the extra money.

Good Soaring,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

"kirk.stant" wrote in message

oups.com...

Tom,

SD cards are the way to go with a PDA. Good idea to have a couple of
them (they don't have to be big - 64 or 32mb work fine if you can find
them!) and put your contest ID and name on them (of course, your
logger file in it also has that info). You may have to leave it with
the scorer if he's swamped, and that makes it easier to get it back
later or the next morning.

That's the only problem I see with the new EW logger - you either
leave the whole logger in the box with the rest of the SD cards and
floppies, or you drag along you notebook and download it and transfer
to another format.

Ideally, a logger should transfer it's files directly to a USB
thumbdrive or SD card (directly or via reader connected via USB
port). Lot cheaper to misplace than a logger! Doesn't the latest
Colibri do that?

Kirk- Hide quoted text -