Old June 20th 08, 05:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Martin Hotze[_2_]

Default Jay - You guys under water?

Viperdoc schrieb:
We have no McDonalds nearby, which is a good thing. also only around 8

true, but sometimes it is a quick choice and you always know what you get.

channels on TV, most in FR, one in German, one in Italian, and then CNN
international. Most of the TV shows are American, and then dubbed in the
local language. Diesel is expensive, plus using a credit card incurs an
additional 3.4% surcharge. Luckily, I think we can get the 19.6% TVA (VAT)
back somehow, but haven't figured this out yet.

AFAIK, you need the proper tax refund forms and show them when leaving
France at the customs desk. but please double check with someone who
know more about that.

I don't think he grasps the concept of
flying without a running engine, and thinks it's dangerous.

:-)

The biggest difference we've noticed (my fifth trip to France) is that here,
if you go to a historical site like a castle tower and fall off, it's your
fault, while in the States, it's someone else's fault if you do something
stupid like go to the edge and go over the railing. In a way, it's kind of
refreshing to visit a society where people are expected to be responsible
for their own actions or stupidity, yet there is much more tolerance for
different points of view.

:-)

#m