Old March 29th 13, 04:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Soaring Community Consumer Warning

If you're still bothering with this thread, you've gotta read this:

Saw Glidergeek's "waaah waaah" response (I don't always understand cryptic, unsigned posts but I guess I get the message here, Russ). Just for grins, I did a few checks. If you liked Bob DeLeon's irate "consumer warnings" about Wings & Wheels, you'll LOVE this one (summarized):

Andrew from the UK: He had emailed Richard at Craggy Aero about an S-NAV for sale. No response. The S-NAV was sold. He's miffed that Richard never bothered to reply: "one less customer for the future". [editorial comment: the old adage about "hell hath no fury like a woman scorned" has never tried to do business with a glider pilot]

Multiple pilots: There's a massive amount of email out there to track. And Richard's a very conscientious guy.

Richard at Craggy Aero: Apologizes, noting politely that he tried emailing twice (and, helpfully, to which address) but Andrew's ISP rejected it both times. The S-NAV is, indeed, sold.

Another "helpful" pilot: Email problems are common, Andrew. You're overreacting, especially since there's no financial harm and it was your ISP that bounced the emails.

Andrew: Apparently unsatisfied with the responses he's getting (sound familiar?), blasts Richard for publicizing his actual email address and protests that he doesn't use spam filters and has never not received emails before [which I assume means that no one had ever emailed him and, not receiving a response, posted or telephoned him to ask why]. He then lauds Tim Mara (!!!! No, I'm not making this up!) for having been exceptional in past dealings. So despite satisfied customers springing to Craggy Aero's defense, Richard's response has ensured that Andrew will not be among them. So there.

More responses:

- Having a bad day, Andrew?

- My experience has always been great with Richard.

- And from Glidergeek: a tongue-in-cheek (?) complaint about how Tim Mara always lists used instruments that never seem to be available.

Sarcasm? Or has Glidergeek been waiting NINE (9) years to stick it to Tim for the Sage CVA he missed? That's right; this is from 2004. Oooh, the drama continues!

The soaring weather is arriving so hopefully moods will lighten, egos will return to normal size, and we can get back to making jokes about the software developers who arrogantly claim their applications are superior to all others yet cheerfully profess ignorance of the U.S. competition rules.

Chip Bearden
ASW 24 "JB"
U.S.A.