Old March 1st 04, 08:11 PM
Julian Scarfe

"Peter R." wrote in message
snip
So, did I misremember (imagine?) that an audio warning used to sound
when the a/p was disengaged?

Coming from a C172 with a dual axis KAP140 with a really loud AP

disconnect
tone, I also do not like the absence of this tone in the Bonanza I am now
flying that is equipped with the same S-TEC AP.

Well there may be a solution. I emailed S-TEC who promptly responded:

"There was no requirement for an aural disconnect alarm when these
systems were originally designed. You should not get anything except
the RDY light flashing. We do sell an audible disconnect alarm that can
be retrofitted to the older systems without an audible alarm. The PN is
01274."

So there we have it. All in my imagination.

Julian