Old July 24th 03, 02:41 PM
Maule Driver

I've stayed at Weiser twice for a few days - my brother lives nearby. Nice
airport, nice people, didn't have a parking problem but it does look tight.
Both times there seemed to be 1-2 transient spots available. Maybe I just
got lucky.

My strategy these days is to pick the closest airport to my destination,
show up, sort it out. And if the place doesn't look right, is too
expensive, unfriendly, I relocate. Relocation in VFR conditions is probably
the easiest thing to in an a/c. It's been working for me so far. It has
pushed me into some major airports at times and I've been pleasantly
surprised. Pushed me to some small ones too where it has been very nice
too. I wonder how IAH is for a small single?

"Matt Emerson" wrote in message
I'm planning to fly the old Mooney down to Houston this weekend or
next, and stay for about a week to visit in-laws and college friends.
The in-laws live near IAH, but I don't think I want to go to IAH.

Weiser looks the most inviting, but I understand that there's not a
lot of parking space for transients. I could go to Hooks easily
enough---do any locals know what the parking situation is there? I'd
be happy to pay something like $10--$15 a day to stay in a hangar, but
I don't know if anything like that is available.

I like the looks of Fletcher at Hobby, but that's on the other side of
town, and not too convenient.

Any advice would be most welcome.

--
Matt Emerson