Old May 16th 04, 11:38 AM
Cub Driver

I did, last Wednesday

Not long after leaving the airport northbound, the Garmin III+ popped
up a message: Battery Low. Then it went off, and after one more rep it
stayed off. Happily there was not much wind, and the position of the
compass (there is no gyro in the Cub) was well-remembered as between N
and 3 outbound and between S and 16 on the return trip, which enabled
me to go and return with reasonable accuracy. (Viz was about 10 miles
so I couldn't steer by the mountains as I prefer to do.)

It made me realize that it had been a very long time since I'd checked
my progress on the chart.

all the best -- Dan Ford
email: (put Cubdriver in subject line)

The Warbird's Forum