Old April 3rd 06, 02:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default PSRU design advantages

---------------snip-----------------

The point here is
that, although a loss of power is the most obvious

---------------snip-----------------

I don't know how I inadvertantly edited out part of the point that I was
trying to make, but the sentence and paragraph should have continued to read
as follows:

The point here is that, although a loss of power is the most obvious outcome
of a torsional resonance problem, it is not the only failure mode and may
not even be the worst. For example, the same "Contact!" article also
mentioned severe flexing of a bulkhead in the fusalage due to a resonance
between the complete engine and drive system and the fusalage at critical
speed(s). That caused me to be even more afraid than the driveshaft and
redrive problems.

Peter