Old September 3rd 06, 05:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_1_]

Default Bizjet protocol

bumper wrote:

Without the TPAS, this was just another example of the Big Sky theory
actually working - - though I'm disinclined to bet my life on Big Sky. We've
doubtless all had similar "near misses". But, for the sake of luck and
probability, and also the TPAS, it could have been another mid-air.

When are you going to get one of the new ones that gives you the
quadrant to look at, tell us if it's worth the extra money?

Eric Greenwell - Washington State, USA

"Transponders in Sailplanes" on the Soaring Safety Foundation website
www.soaringsafety.org/prevention/articles.html

"A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation" at www.motorglider.org