Old October 25th 06, 06:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Rob

Default Prices at Scottsdale..

Mike Adams wrote:
...can't you just park in transient parking and use the terminal building at no charge? That would
be quite a shock if you can't.

Agreed. It's an open, municipal, public use airport. I looked around
a bit on the city's web site. According to the "Official Schedule of
Rates and Fees" at
http://www.ci.scottsdale.az.us/ratesandfees/data.asp:

Overnight parking fees assessed to transient aircraft
Rate/Fee Amount: $5.00 per night
Authority: City Code; Ch 5; Article I; Sec 5-116
Last Date Reviewed: 7/1/2006
Contact: Chris Read, Assistant Aviation Director (480) 312-2674

My guess is that if you ask for progressive taxi instructions to
transient parking, you can get away with not paying the $50 ramp fee
(!!??) that Scottsdale Air Center is charging. Lots of interesting
comments about that on Airnav. I did my primary training out of
Southwest Flight Center at SDL about five years ago. They were very
friendly and I'd bet they would be happy to sell you fuel off their
truck at transient parking. They're in the "Aviation Business Center"
next to the terminal building. They're probably getting the going rate
at SDL of ~$5/gal. though.

I'd maybe call up Mr. Read, Assistant Aviation Director, and find out
the real story with the $50 fee.

-R