Old September 19th 05, 10:44 PM
Mark T. Dame

Bob Noel wrote:

In article ,
AES wrote:

Space exploration with humans is about over.

I fear it is, but I hope people with vision will help us move beyond
this tiny planet.

Government sponsored manned space exploration will continue to decline,
but private sector exploration will takes its place. That's the natural
way of things. Governments sponsor the initial exploration and private
sector takes over. Columbus was government sponsored, but the Pilgrims
were privately funded. Magellan was government funded, Cook privately
funded. And this is a Good Thing.

The part that amazing is not that private funding will take over
government funding, but that it's happening so fast. Figure 300 years
between Columbus/Magellan and the Pilgrims/Cook, but less than fifty
years between Gagarin/Shepherd and Mike Melvill.

-m
--
## Mark T. Dame
## VP, Product Development