Old May 19th 17, 02:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Duster

Default A Talking Airspeed Indicator

Aha, finally found out who thought making glass-bottled ketchup worked just fine. Just kidding, but I think an audio-enabled ASI would be a good safety addition in reducing work-load during the most critical phases of flight (as long as one maintains visual instrument scans of course). Might have come in handy for at least some of those low altitude base/final turn accidents? Expensive at ~$300 and wonder if our flight computer software couldn't be modified to include audio warnings (using ASI, not gps input).