Old May 19th 17, 11:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andrzej Kobus

Default Seminole Lake Gliderport Hangars

On Thursday, May 18, 2017 at 10:28:25 PM UTC-4, Rich Owen wrote:
Ron,

We are planning the 18 Meter Nationals during the month of May. We are deconflicting with the Region 5 North and Miffin contests that do not have dates yet. We want to ensure pilots have the ability to attend all 3 contests if they desire. By setting dates too early, and without any coordination, we hamper the plans of other contest management staff. All of us want to provide the best contests possible and not force pilots to choose one over another based on overlapping dates. This contest has not been officially sanctioned by the SSA, so that is why it had not been announced. Sorry for any confusion this has caused.

Rich Owen
Vice President
Seminole Flying and Soaring

Rich, have you thought about April instead? Less likely to have thunderstorms in April?